My Goal is to be in the Clogging Company someday!
Considering the Clogging Company? Read this and think first.
1. As a member you need to practice daily.
2. Attendance at lessons is a must; missing two per year is all that is allowed. Appropriate dance attire for Cloggers is a must; no JEANS.
3. The financial commitment can be at least $300.00 per year plus lesson fees. (Shoes, hair scrunchie, costume, warm-up, bag, etc.) There are several costume changes in the recital.
4. Occasional closed rehearsals (no parents allowed) and extra rehearsals are always a must.
6. The Clogging Company is your first commitment. (God and family are first, but I am talking about before skating parties, sleepovers, sleeping in, or television shows)
7. ATTITUDE - Always need a great attitude at dance.
8. Being a clogger is very hard work-if you don't know the dance; you will not dance at that particular performance!!!
9. We travel and perform at least once a month during the dance year, and you are expected to attend the performances. Competitions: The Cloggers attend many competitions and workshops that require fees and travel expenses. All competitions may not give us constructive comments.
10. Do you want to be a part of the company so you can just clog? The Company does much more than just clog, they do all styles of dance: tap, ballet, jazz, hip hop, human video, etc.
Things that need to be considered:
1.Have you had at least 3 years of clogging/dance instruction from WMSD? 2.Are you 6th grade and above? 3.Do you have a job (depends on age)? 4.How do you rate clogging as one of your priorities? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 5.Would you go to Mason OH for a competition in May? 6.Would you go to Charleston SC for a competition in June? 7.Are you willing to participate in all workshops offered at the studio? 8.Would you commit to attend more practices a week? 9.Would you commit to attend team activities? 10.What is your commitment level? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11.Do you practice at home? How much? 12.What else do you do physically to help your clogging? 13.Did you miss practices last year? If so how many? 14.Have you missed team functions? 15.If you could go to the studio and clog one night with your clogger friends, or go see a movie with your school friends, which would you choose? 16.What is your favorite dance you have done ever? 17.Who is your favorite professional clogging instructor? 18.Do you love to travel far with the cloggers or is it just alright? 19.Would you go to NYC in two weeks if given the opportunity? 20.Do you help your parents pay for your fees? 21.Will you continue clogging after High School if in the area? 22.What is the best thing you have to offer to a team?
Important: Those that are going to be considered on a competition team have to be willing to work their schedule around practices, if we are going to be good enough to compete with these highly skilled teams. “It is not when can you practice, it’s this is your practice, be there.”
1. We/I understand that the Will’s Mountain Clogging Company accepts all students on a trial basis only, and reserves the right to separate from the Company any student who cannot maintain the character standards and/or behavioral expectations of the studio.
2. We/I understand that my child will abide by the performance/competition rules as the director requests them (See the performance/competition standards).
3. We/I understand that my child and I are making a commitment to the team and understand that we/I should always be on time including putting shoes on and ready on the dance floor.
4. We/I understand that my child may only focus on 1 dance this year. After the routine is completed, the second routine may be introduced. We/I understand that my child and I are not to determine the year’s progress based on the number of routines she/he participates in.
5. We/I grant to the directors of the Will’s Mountain Clogging Company full authority and discretion in the discipline of our/my child. Discipline measures would include warnings or even expulsion from the Clogging Company. We/I understand we/I will be notified by a Company director. We/I agree to our/my child abiding by the discipline and WMSD dress look policies and procedures. Furthermore, we/I fully understand and agree to the policy that in-studio or out-of-studio use of drugs and/or alcohol and/or sexual immorality will result in expulsion from the Clogging Company.
6. In making application for our/my child, it is our/my desire to have him/her attend the 2009-2010 DANCE year. We/I give permission for our/my child to take part in all dance activities, including workshops/seminars and competitions/performances away from the studio premises, and absolve the studio from liability to us/me for our/my child because of any injury to our/my child at the studio or during any dance activity. In case of accident or serious illness, we/I request the studio to contact us/me. If Will’s Mountain School of Dance is unable to contact us/me or if the circumstances indicate immediate action is required, the studio may make whatever arrangements in its judgment as required. We/I authorize WMSD to release my child(s) medical information to the WMSD staff on a “need” to know basis.
7. We/I sincerely pledge our/my loyalty to the aims and ideals of the studio and will bring all questions and concerns directly to the directors, so that they may be properly considered. Will’s Mountain School of Dance’s instructional mission involves working with the home in the overall Christian aspects of students. On occasion this cooperation between the studio and home may become difficult. To avoid such situations, the studio requires parents enrolling their children or to maintain enrollment to affirmatively support and cooperate with the studio. As a parent: I/we agree to support the studio with my/our prayers and with a positive attitude. Complaints or negative comments will be shared only with the teacher, directors, or person involved and not with my/our child or other people, following the Matthew 18 principle. I/We understand that if at any time the studio determines, in its sole discretion, that my/our actions do not support the ministry, or reflect a lack a cooperation and commitment to the home and studio working together, the studio has the right to request a withdrawal of my/our child(ren). I/We understand this behavior brings the team down.
8. We/I accept full responsibility for the financial requirements for our/my child(ren) to attend the Will’s Mountain School of Dance Clogging Company. We/I understand that any payment not paid by the 3rd lesson of the month will be charged a $5.00 late fee. If lesson fees become one month delinquent, the student or students involved may be dropped from enrollment in the company.
9. We/I understand that my child is not to have a cell phone on the dance floor and allow it to be a distraction.
10. We/I understand that neither my child nor I should put anything pertaining to WMSD such as video or pictures on the internet, youtube, or other public media.
12. We/I understand that my child is not to have any suggestive material on the internet including myspace, facebook, youtube, etc that would compromise my child’s testimony for the clogging company.
13. We/I understand that their may be a choreography fee that will be expected to be paid for certain highly competitive teams.
14. We/I understand that clogger account money must be picked up by the parent and only after the entire outstanding bill is paid at the studio. Clogger account money must go to specific WMSD needs of the clogger. If you quit you do NOT get your money in stays in the clogger account.